What does the course entail?
- Tour of CWC's 'live' construction site at Southbank Place
- Industry led accredited workshops relating to a project brief
- Experience of giving presentations to an industry panel
- Interviews which can lead to work placements for at least 5 students
- Industry networking with professionals
We will be recruiting 25 Year 12/13 students from schools in the local area to participate. The course is free to students (lunch is also provided and travel costs reimbursed) and there is no requirement from schools or colleges in terms of staff time over the three days, as the project is fully staffed and risk-assessed by Construction Youth Trust and CWC.
The programme is particularly relevant for students interested in STEM, potentially studying Maths and Science subjects or who are interested in pursuing a career in Engineering or Surveying. The course is also highly valuable to Art and Design students who are interested in Architecture, or students studying Humanities subjects who may be interested in Sustainability, Planning, Community Engagement or Project Management.
A minimum of 5 students who attend the course will be selected for a week long work placement with CWC or their supply chain to take place during school holidays.