This course introduces you to construction training, work experience and careers advice in a fresh way to grow your confidence, give you a qualification and increase your knowledge of the job opportunities available in construction.
How it works
Our community projects deliver training while giving you the chance to gain practical experience by tranforming your local area through a real construction project. For example building a new pathway and new seating areas for residents or refurbishing empty properties or community centres.
See what courses we have coming up, and sign up to take part here.
Find out more about our Budding Builders course by watching our video:
What's in it for you?
- Learn new skills in construction as well as DIY
- Gain an industry recognised qualification
- Train in and achieve your CSCS card (Health and Safety card)
- Develop motivation & confidence
- Gain work experience
- Meet new people and work as part of a team
- Be supported after you finish the course
How to get involved
If you would like to find out more about our courses and where they are running, you would like to sign up to one or know someone who might, please get in touch with us today, say hello...
Who can join a course?
Anyone aged 14-30 in England and Wales can join a Budding Builders course. Our places are offered first to young people who are not currently in employment, education or training or who are referred to us from an agency.
Speak with your parents, teachers, careers advisor, or another person you trust about joining our courses. We work with all sorts of referral agencies (that's an organisation like a school, a youth offending team or a college, for example) and we're happy to talk to anyone about our work and the ways you can get involved.
What happens when you finish a course with us?
We will work with you to plan out the next stage on your journey. We have amazing links with the construction industry and so we are able to arrange different types of progression routes to suit you:
- Further training - you may wish to progress to an advanced course with us
- Work experience or placements - we can help get you some real on site experience with our Routes Into Construction project
- Employment and Apprenticeships - we will work with our partners to support you into employment in the industry or into an apprenticeship
Our courses are accredited by The Open College Network